The Texas Center Inaugural Sleep and Airway Collaboration
Dec 7-8, 2018
Marriott Dallas Flower Mound
4330 Courtyard Way
Flower Mound, TX 75028
Mary E. Burns, DMD Orthodontic and Airway Expert. New Hope, PA
Jerald H. Simmons, MD Sleep Neurologist- Triple Board-Certified in Neurology, Epilepsy and Sleep Medicine. Houston, TX
Hal Stewart, DDS Restorative Dentist and CEO of The Texas Center.
Flower Mound, TX
Sal Rodas, CPO/SleepArchiTx. Orange County, CA
Course Description: Recently, there has been much attention towards sleep-related breathing disorders (SBD) among orthodontic communities. Children with SBD can often develop distinctive facial characteristics. SBD in adults can result in serious morbidity and mortality. Treating these patients presents unique opportunities for orthodontists, restorative dentists, maxillofacial surgeons, and other medical and dental practitioners to work together in order to improve a patient’s health and treatment outcomes. During The Texas Center Inaugural Sleep and Airway Collaboration we will discuss the most current scientific evidences regarding the relations between various orthodontic/dental/systemic issues and sleep breathing disorders.
You will …
- learn to recognize the pathophysiology of SBD.
- learn to evaluate potential SBD patients.
- gain skills to utilize this information in your practice to treat SBD patients.
- understand the three-dimensional airway assessment.
- be introduced to airflow mechanics.
- be able to develop an airway conversation with your patients.
- understand the importance of stable condylar position and stable anterior proprioceptive occlusion as it relates to healthy airway.
- understand the relationship between sleep/airway disorder, TMD, and bruxism.
- learn how to incorporate sleep disorder, breathing, and airway management into comprehensive care.
**CE Credits will be given.